pa amb tomàquet
07.12.2011 § 3 Comments
This traditional Catalan dish is perfect for lunch on a hot day. Since it is best served as soon as it has been prepared, I like to lay out the ingredients at the centre of the table so that everyone can assemble their own. To complete this meal, serve with mixed greens with a light vinaigrette, olives, thinly sliced jamón serrano, cheese and fresh fruit.
- the best baguette you can get
- ripe tomatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Cut the baguette and toast lightly under the broiler
- Cut a clove of garlic in half and rub it on the toasted baguette, do the same with the tomato.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Drizzle with olive oil
…finish your meal with local fresh fruit (here it’s strawberry season). Enjoy!